1 small zucchini (yellow or green)
1 small sweet potato
a bunch of spinach, chopped
1/2 canned black beans, rinsed or (any other legumes)
2 sweet jalapeño peppers (or 1 regular jalapeño), chopped
1/2 medium red onion, sliced
1 head cauliflower
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp Italian seasoning (or any other herbs)
1/2 tsp turmeric
sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice zucchini and sweet potato in thin slices with a mandolin or a vegetable peeler (I just used a vegetable peeler).
2. To prepare the cauliflower cheeeees: Boil cauliflower until tender. Throw the following ingredients into the blender: boiled cauliflower, coconut oil, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, Italian seasoning (or any other desired herbs), turmeric, pinch of sea salt and black pepper (I also put cayenne in mine but that's because I put cayenne in everything), and blend until smooth and creamy. Depending on your blender, this may take 2-5 minutes.
3. To assmble: start with the zucchini slices, then layer the sweet potato slices in the opposite direction. Thinly coat with cauliflower cheese. Add a layer of each ingredient (spinach, beans, jalapeno, onion, cauliflower cheeees). Put another layer of zucchini and sweet potato, criss crossing them like the first layer. Repeat.....be generous with the cauliflower cheeeees. Repeat until you think it might overflow (veg will shrink in the oven).
4. I saved some strips of sweet potato slices with the skin on it to put on top of the lasagna for a bit of crunch.
5. Bake for 1h. Serve immediately (with hot sauce) and enjoy!