1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked and drained
1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
1/4 almond meal (I used left over almond pulp, dehydrated)
1 tbsp maple syrup
pineapple pulp of 1 pineapple
1 lime, peeled
3/4 raw cashews, soaked and drained
2 tbsp coconut oil
6-8 pitted dates
2 tbsp maple syrup
1. Make the crust. Combine all ingredients in a food processor, and process until mixture becomes sticky and dough-like. This may take up to 4 minutes.
2. Using a silicone tray, press the mixture onto the bottom and sides of each section of the tray until firm. Note, crust mixture will press down quite a bit so you'll need to use more than you think. Depending on the size of your silicone tray, measurements will vary. Store in freezer while you prepare your filling.
3. Make the filling. Combine all ingredients in a Vitamix, using the tamper. Mixture should get quite warm. This may take a few minutes until smoothly blended. Transfer mixture into a piping bag or ziplock bag and store in the fridge until mixture cools and thickens.
4. Wait. Watch a couple of your favourite shows, go to the gym, a yoga class, spin class, organize your closet, etc......
5. After a few hours, the crust should have hardened in the freezer and should easily be popped out by pressing the bottom of the silicone tray. Cut a tiny corner of your ziplock bag, or insert your pipe and squeeze filling into crust. Serve immediately or store in fridge.