Raw Dehydrated Bread
2 medium carrots, chopped
1/2 onion , chopped
1 small-medium red pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic, whole
2 cups ground flax
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/4 cold-pressed olive oil
dried herbs (optional)
(if making for more than one person, double the recipe, one recipe makes around 8 slices.)
1. Throw everything except for the ground flax seeds into a powerful blender until liquefied.
2. Stir in ground flax by hand or whisk, a bit at a time, until a light, doughy consistency.
3. Spread on a Teflex sheet evenly, dehydrate overnight at 115 degrees F. In the morning, carefully peel the bread off the Teflex sheet and place on screen tray. Dehydate another couple hours at 125 degrees F until both sides are completely dry.
4. Cut into desired squares or rectangles.
1 large eggplant
1/4 cup tamari sauce
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp olive oil or coconut oil
1 tsp paprika
1. Slice eggplant thinly with mandolin or vegetable peeler.
2. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Marinate sliced eggplant in the sauce mixture overnight or a few hours.
3. Place onto Teflex sheet and dehydrate at 125 degrees overnight. Remove Teflex sheet in the morning and dehydrate the eggplant slices on the screen until dry and crispy.