Sweet Potato Brownies
2 medium organic sweet potatoes (or 3 small ones)
2 tsp coconut oil
1/4 C agave/maple syrup (I used vanilla coffee syrup)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 C applesauce
1/4 C teff flour
1/4 C chickpea flour
3/4 C cocoa powder
1/4 C ground chia + flax seeds
1/2 C coconut palm sugar
1/8 C water (if too thick)
pinch of sea salt
crushed hazelnuts (optional)
crushed cacao nibs (optional)
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees. Bake (or boil) sweet potatoes fully until very tender. Mash in large mixing bowl.
2. Mix in coconut oil while still warm. Add syrup, vanilla extract, and apple sauce until well combined.
3. Add all dry ingredients (teff, chickpea, cocoa powder, chia+flaxseeds, sugar, sea salt. Mix until well combined (can use a food processor....I used a fork). If mixture is too thick, add a tiny bit of water. Mixture should be quite thick but still gooey. Add crushed cacao nibs (optional).
4. Transfer mixture into greased and floured baking pan. I couldn't find mine so I used a cake pan. That way, every piece gets a crust :) Top with crushed hazelnuts. Bake for 30min. Wooden toothpick should be just slightly moist.
5. Let cool completely before removing from pan. Slice and serve!